Aluminum circle is one kind of round aluminum disc. It is known that an aluminum circle is a metal material with high heat dissipation and thermal conductivity. So manufacturers use it as a raw material to produce various forms of products.
According to incomplete statistics, about half of the world’s cooking utensils are made from aluminum. This is because using aluminum circles to make cookware can significantly increase the physical and chemical properties of the cookware. It gives better electrical and thermal conductivity as well as heat resistance. This article will give you some basic knowledge about aluminum discs. Hope this will be helpful to you.
What are the common alloy number, states, thicknesses, and diameters of the Aluminum Circle?
According to the different content of alloying elements, aluminum circles can be divided into four series: 1 series, 3 series, 5 series, 8 series.
Alloy number: 1050, 1060, 1100, 1200, 3003, 5052, ,8011
Temper: O, H12, H14, H16, H18, etc.
Thickness: 0.3mm to 6.0mm;
Diameter: 30mm to 1600mm;
Aluminum circles HS code: 7606.9100; 7606.9200;
Standard: ASTM-B209 ; GB/T3880-2012, EN485,
The Chemical Composition of different Alloy Number:
What is the main application of aluminum circles?
Aluminum round circles blanks are widely used in cookware manufacturing, road signs, lighting equipment.
1. Cookware application: pots, pans, pizza trays, pie pans, cake pans, covers, kettles, basins, fryers, bowls, cups, utensils application
2. Road Sign usage: high way road sign,
3. Light reflectors: Recessed lighting, High bay industrial lighting, Stress lighting, Traffic light reflectors, Sports lighting.
The reason for the wide range of applications of high-quality aluminum round discs is that the popular aluminum disc manufacturers use high purity aluminum ingots (aluminum ingots with more than 99.7% aluminum content) in the processing. So the aluminum discs have low density and good chemical resistance, and the strength of the products can be improved according to the customer’s requirements. It can be adapted to different working environments.
Why are aluminum discs ring widely used in cookware?
This is because aluminum discs ring has the following characteristics: 1. Good thermal conductivity. 2. High corrosion resistance. 3. Can meet the shape requirements.
What are cold rolled aluminum discs and hot rolled aluminum discs? What is the difference between the CC aluminum circles and DC aluminum circles?
In the procurement process of aluminum discs, for different needs on the type of aluminum round, grade, process have different requirements, especially the cold-rolled aluminum rounds and hot-rolled aluminum rounds of the distinction, identification, has a pivotal role. The differences between Cold-rolled aluminum sheet and hot-rolled aluminum sheet are as follows:
1. Different production process: Cold rolled aluminum disc is produced by cold rolling machine from the aluminum coil (8mm thickness), while hot-rolled is made by heating aluminum slab (400-500mm thickness) and rolling it at high temperature by a hot rolling mill.
2. Different Raw materials: the difference between them in the aluminum billet supply is not the same. The hot-rolled billet is cast aluminum ingot – heating – rolled into a coil for cold rolling, the cold-rolled billet is cast roll – cold rolling.
3. Different performance: Hot-Rolled aluminum disc surface quality, while mechanical properties and ductility, oxidation effect is good, while processing aluminum discs are generally processed from the aluminum plate, naturally also affected by the performance of the aluminum plate.
4. Different applications: CC aluminum discs are mostly used in the production process of spinning; DC aluminum discs suitable for stamping and deep drawing production process.
Through the above four methods, you can easily distinguish between cold-rolled aluminum discs and hot-rolled aluminum discs. The choice of aluminum discs requires professional knowledge, aluminum discs procurement more need to choose a professional manufacturer.
How are Aluminum Circles blanks produced? Aluminum Circles Manufacturing Process
Aluminum round circles are usually cut from aluminum coils or aluminum sheets directly. Now over 80% of aluminum circle blanks are produced in China. As one of the most professional aluminum circle suppliers in China, we usually divide the processing steps of aluminum rounds into two aspects: 1. Rough material cutting (cut into a square). 2. Drop material.
According to the degree of automation of production equipment, it can be divided into the shearing machine and automatic round sheet punching production line processing.
The aluminum round circle manufacturers always use the automatic round sheet drop production line processing: aluminum round piece uncoiling drop production line is a fully automatic integrated aluminum round piece production equipment. It can be directly on the aluminum coil for round piece stamping drop, without shearing, slitting, and other processes. The product is widely used in aluminum processing manufacturing cookware with stretch aluminum round pieces.
For a diameter below 800mm round aluminum, the disc is generally produced using a fully automatic disc drop machine. For diameter over 800mm aluminum disc is widely used in highway signs. It is always produced with the shearing machine.
What are good aluminum circle blanks? How to do the quality inspection before loading?
In order to ensure the round aluminum plate has good quality, manufacturers usually set up special quality inspection posts in the process of producing aluminum circles. The QC manager will use professional tools to test the quality of aluminum circles carefully. Good aluminum circles are generally tested by the following aspects.
1. The first is to look at the surface of the aluminum circles. Good quality round aluminum plate has no deformation, scratches, cracks, yellow spots, and other phenomena. In fact, the second is to check whether the surface color of aluminum alloy circles has different shades of color. If there is a color difference that means the quality is not up to par.
2. Chemical Composition: through a professional spectral analyzer, you can detect the chemical composition of aluminum discs. Then compare it with the standard GB/T3880-2012 or standard ASTM B209. We must make sure that each chemical element is within the scope of the standard requirements.
3. Mechanical properties. The tensile strength and mechanical properties of aluminum rounds are tested by a tensile testing machine to ensure that the tensile strength and elongation of aluminum rounds meet the standard. If the mechanical properties are not up to standard, it is easy to have a broken problem during the stamping and spinning process. It will waste a lot of time and material costs in the production department. Aluminum Circle 1050-O tensile strength is generally in 60Mpa to 100Mpa; elongation is about 35%. The aluminum circle 1050 H12 tensile strength is generally around 100Mpa and elongation is around 10%.
4. Granularity Testing. Different manufacturers have different requirements for grain size. According to international standards, most factories control the grain size above the second level, while some large factories require the grain size to be the first level. This can ensure the customer in the production of kitchenware process, the finished rate of aluminum wafers to be 98% or even 100% qualified.
In addition, the staff needs to use professional measuring tools when testing aluminum discs. Because the aluminum discs are very thin. If the measurement tool has the slightest defect will have a certain degree of impact on the measurement results. Therefore, the accuracy of the aluminum discs must be tested by using intact measuring tools.
What kind of quality issue you may meet during using the aluminum circles?
Aluminum discs are widely used in the production of kitchenware, and often encounter such problems in the process of spinning or deep-drawn production.
1. Spinning cracking problem. Aluminum rounds in the spinning process, due to the emergence of grit, impurities, or metal embedded in the reason will cause cracking, cracked edge, which will waste a lot of time and cost of workers. Aluminum discs produced by scrap will often encounter such problems.
2. Orange peel problem. During the spinning process, the finished pot surface sometimes is not smooth and needs to be polished. The main reason is that the grain size of aluminum wafers is secondary or the head and tail of the material are not completely removed during the production process of aluminum wafers.
3. Surface oxidation. Although the aluminum disc has good rust resistance, if the aluminum disc gets rain or water during the storage or transportation process, the surface is very easy to get oxidation. It will affect the beauty of kitchenware. So the packaging must be tight and also need to put enough desiccant.
4. Weight shortage. The packaging of the aluminum round is a wooden pallet. Usually, the weight of each pallet is about 1000kg to 1500kg. According to the international standard, the weight tolerance is +/- 3‰. But due to the scale difference and the packing weight, many factories will be short of 5KGS to 10KGS per pallet.
What is the difference between 1050 aluminum disc blank and 3003 aluminum disc blank?
Both 1050 aluminum disc blank and 3003 aluminum disc blank are widely used in the production of kitchenware. Although the two appear very similar on the surface, there are very big differences in performance and application.
1. Chemical Composition and Mechanical Properties are not the same. 1050 belongs to the pure aluminum series, the aluminum content of 99.5%; 3003 aluminum discs belong to the 3 series of aluminum manganese alloy, low aluminum content, tensile strength, elongation is a little lower than 1050.
2. The price is not the same. 3003 aluminum disc cost price is higher than 1050 aluminum disc. The price difference is about 50$/TON.
3. Different applications. 1050 aluminum rounds are widely used in aluminum pots, pans, pans, and other storage containers; while 3003 aluminum rounds are widely used in pressure vessels, such as pressure cookers, non-stick cookers, rice cookers, high corrosion resistance requirements of tableware.
For customers in the Middle East, Central Asia, and African countries, 1050 aluminum discs with good quality and low price are more popular.
What are the factors that affect the price of kitchen aluminum circles?
1. The raw material chosen for manufacturing (aluminum ingot or aluminum scrap). There are many kinds of raw materials available for the consumption and manufacture of stamped aluminum rounds. The cost of different quality of raw materials is slightly different. For example, some factories use aluminum ingot with 99.7% aluminum content to produce (pure aluminum ingot), but other factories use recycled aluminum scrap to produce (recycled aluminum circle). The price will have a difference of 150$ to 250$ per ton.
2. Thickness: the thickness of the stamped aluminum circle is not actually the thicker the better, but also does not mean that the thinner the better. Usually, the thickness of those relatively thick stamping aluminum discs means that the manufacturing process is mixed with more impurities, and the increase in impurities means a reduction in strength, this variety of embossed aluminum discs are often sold at a lower price in the market.
3. The production facility. Different factories have different equipment and teams. The efficiency of production and finished product rate is also different. And those big factories have a more professional and stable production process and equipment, the quality of the stamped aluminum rounds is relatively high quality, and thus the selling price in the market is slightly higher than the other stamped aluminum rounds.
In a word, the factors that affect the price of the stamped aluminum disc products are the raw materials chosen for manufacturing, the thickness, and the strength of the stamped aluminum disc manufacturer. The price and value of good stamping aluminum discs are always proportional. The customer should not pay too much attention to the price and disregard the use-value when buying aluminum discs, so as to avoid unnecessary quality problems in the later production process.
What are Non-Stick aluminum discs?
Non-stick pan coating production line. Its main process flow: sandblasting pretreatment → blowing dust → spraying primer → curing → spraying topcoat → sintering → cooling → under pieces. Temperature – system: high-temperature sintering furnace has three temperature sections: heating zone, holding zone, and cooling zone, in which the temperature of the holding zone is 380-420℃ kept for 12 minutes.
Do you produce recycle aluminum circles?
Alongside glass and steel, aluminum is one of the easiest to recycle material on the planet. The recycled aluminum circle are produced with aluminum scrap. So the price is much cheaper but the quality is poor. It will be very easy to have a broken problem. Most aluminum circle manufacturers in India produce the second-grade aluminum circle with recycled aluminum.
In summary, many people always ask where can I find the best aluminum circle manufacturers? Hope you can learn more information from this article. Aluminum circles are widely used for utensils. Also, the aluminum disc manufacturers in China can produce both Anodized aluminum discs and Aluminum discs with center holes. If you are looking for a reliable supplier in China, you can always find it in China.